Tuesday 10 January 2012

The lean bulk (phase 2 progress check)

Happy New Year! I hope you’ve had a fantastic Christmas and New Year, I certainly did. In this post I’ll just give a quick rundown of my progress and how I thought phase 2 of my lean bulk went…
The main thing is I’ve still got abs (despite my Christmas blowout) and I’m now weighing in at 72.2KG which means I’ve gained 1KG in the past 3 weeks, which is great news. It does sound a lot, but I did eat my fair share of junk food over Christmas. My upper chest, shoulders and hamstrings are all looking much thicker which I’m happy with. Another thing I achieved was to power clean 80KG for 2 consecutive reps. This means I’ve just got to work up 1 more rep during phase 3 to hit my goal.
However not everything went to plan - I did miss a total of 3 workouts over the last 3 weeks just down to my busy schedule and the gyms shorter opening times. My legs and oblique’s aren’t looking as lean any more either, but never the less it hasn’t seemed to of had much of an impact on my progress.
During phase 3, once again I will be using a 4 day push/pull split. Exercises will be changed slightly (which you will see when I post them up) and the rep range is between 4-8. This means I am in more of a strength phase now, so the focus is really going to be all about packing as much weight on the bar as possible. I will also be adding in kre-alkalyn creatine to my supplement regime which should really help with these strength goals. That was short and sweet, but I’ll be back in the next few days with my entire workouts for phase 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment