Tuesday 1 January 2013

Make Christmas last a little longer...

First off, happy new year to you! And I hope you had a great Christmas. I once again want to thank you, yes YOU! For your continued support. By reading this and hopefully taking away useful information and ideas to help you with your fitness, fat loss and muscle goals, it makes it all worth while. I'm psyched for 2013 and have got some big plans I want to see through. All I'm going to say is - bring it on!

Without further ado, here's my first blog post of 2013. It's quite simply an idea. It dawned on me yesterday that most fitness folk like me pig out for a few days (or weeks! I know what some of you are like) on chocolate and sweets over Christmas. Only to be left with mountains that don't get eaten. Last year I wasted a lot of it and either gave it others in my family or binned it. This year I thought - why don't I make Christmas last a little longer and use the chocolates as part of my post workout insulin surge?


 The high sugar content would be perfect for getting that insulin spike, replenishing well needed glycogen in the muscle cells and switching on muscle growth. My post workout shake normally consists of 40g whey with 100g of fast acting carbohydrate like waxy maize starch. However for maybe one or two workouts a week I'm going to drop out 20g of fast acting carb powder and replace it with some chocolate! Not something I would recommend for fat loss or to do for a long period of time, but it will make Christmas last another few weeks. Plus if you've smashed a workout out to the best of your ability, treat yourself you deserve it!...

No comments:

Post a Comment